Friday, February 26, 2010

{ June Cleaver at Heart }


#1 Make up my own recipe book


Those of you who know me know that I LOVE to cook! It's definetly a passion of mine so no wonder making my own cook book was #1 on my "bucket list". The idea that I have is to make a scrapbook style cook book that can be handed down to my daughter one day.


Growing up I had absolutley ZERO interest in cooking! But once I became pregnant with my son, Tyler, that all changed. I was terrified to begin cooking. Afraid I would make something inedible or burn the house down... *I'm also severly accident prone so burning down the house was a completely legitimate fear* So, with a few starter recipes from my step mother, I began to stumble into cooking. I quickly discovered that I loved to cook. Before I knew it I was taping cooking shows and buying every cookbook I could find! I think my husband gained a good 15lbs during this time...


I'm finally ready to start experimenting and discovering my very own recipes. I started doing this about a month ago and so far I have 3 recipes (which I will post soon). I will also post some of my all time favorite recipes from famous and not so famous chefs. As well as tips and tricks I have picked up along the way... then I can use this blog to put together my very own "scrap-cook-book".


More than cooking... i LOVE baking!!! Mostly cookies... but I will be sharing my recipes for baking too on here!


I look forward to sharing this adventure with you!


{ Heather Farias }

2 comments:

  1. I can NOT make cookies. They always end up flat and over done so any tricks you have, I'll take! I just want to be able to bake a good choco chip cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i gotcha sista lol i will make this my next post... i have lots of tricks and tips when it comes to cookies... they are my favorite thing to bake by far :)

    ReplyDelete