Wednesday, February 24, 2010

{ A Blog Inspired }

The Bucket Blog




This is a blog dedicated to completing my "bucket list". The inspiration came from another blog. http://www.simplymodernmom.com/ <---- Simply Modern Mom, Tiffany Bird, inspired me with her "Project 52: Date Nights" blog. In which, she gives ideas for one in-home date a week. My husband, Brandon, and I absolutely LOVE these dates. One of her date night ideas was for you and your spouse to create your own "bucket list". In case you are asking yourself "what is this bucket list thing you speak of?". Urban Dictionary defines a "bucket list" as the following: a list of things to do before you die... coming from the term "kicked the bucket".

So the husband and I both made our "bucket lists". #14 on my very own list was .... "learn to blog". I have always admired blogs of others and longed to have one of my very own. But, I am nearly computer illiterate. Therefore, blogs seemed out of my reach. Until now!! I have made this blog to journal my journey on actually completing this "bucket list"! I mean what good is a list if you can't cross things off of said list? I am so excited to get started on this journey. My hope is that others will be inspired to not only make their own "bucket lists" but to also accomplish the goals on that list.

Brandon is so supportive of this idea and he came up with the name for this blog :) Had to give credit where credit is due... lol I love this man so much and look forward to his input as I go venture into the unknown. I hope you enjoy my blog.


{ Heather Farias }

4 comments:

  1. Congrats and welcome to blogging! You will LOVE it! I can help you make it pretty, if you'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I know someone who can teach you drums. I happen to have an undergrad in voice and I would be more than happy to give you a lesson! :-)I can also teach you to knit! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome to the blogging world! thanks for the link to my site and your kind words about it!
    Tiffany {Simply Modern Mom}

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok ... i just saw these comments for the first time lol... im still figuring this blog thing out ;)

    ReplyDelete