Tuesday, March 2, 2010

{ Cheesy Chicken-y Casserole }




Cheesy Chicken-y Casserole



Soooo I think I need to get a better camera LOL the pictures don't even look edible! Yuck! But, I swear to you that it is yummy...

::Ingredients::

Noodles ( I used maccaroni noodles but you can use whatever you have in your cupboard... )

3 boneless skinless chicken breasts

1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)

2 tbs butter

2 tbs flour

salt

pepper

garlic salt

1 cup peas

1/2 cup corn ( I use frozen veggies but you can also use canned or fresh )

1 cup milk

::Instructions::

Grease a 3qt casserole dish

TIP: I grease my pans with butter. Take a paper towel and dip it into the butter container. Then use the paper towel to spread the butter on the casserole dish.


Cook noodles according to directions on box/bag.

Season chicken with salt/pepper and garlic salt... then cook in frying pan.

Once cooked place chicken on cutting board and shred.

TIP: I cut the chicken into pieces and then use 2 forks to pull it apart (shred)

In small sauce pan, melt the butter then add flour one tbs at a time... add salt (i use around a tsp but you can use more or less depending on your taste) add cheese... slowly stir in milk (i use a whisk so break up any clumps)

Bring sauce to a boil so that it will thicken.

Drain noodles and then return them to the pan... add chicken, peas, corn, and sauce... stir to combine.

Transfer to casserole dish and bake for 30 min @ 350 degrees (or until top is golden brown)

Hope you like it :)



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I keep all the wrappers from my butter sticks (in a Ziploc in the fridge) and use those to butter pans. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that camille!! you have the most creative cooking tips... i LOVE it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete